
I just found the greatest site! And it's completely FREE!
Progressive Phonics has a high quality complete reading program for beginning readers through advanced. It includes printable books and activities including flash cards, games, and handwriting. Isaac has been really overwhelmed with reading lately and I think this will be a great way to review what he has already learned in a new way with lots of color and fun! I'll do a full review when we've been using it for awhile. Check our Progressive Phonics and let me know what you think! =D

Isaac and I have been using the Handwriting Without Tears program quite successfully! He's mastered letters F, E, D, P, B, R, N, M, H, K, L and U in that order. I found this free font
PRINT CLEARLY that I plan to use to create trace and copy worksheets. The dotted font is awesome for that. By the way, I totally recommend the
Handwriting Without Tears program! Especially for children who struggle or get easily frustrated with handwriting. Isaac would complain that his "hands don't work right". It was sad to see how frustrated he was getting. When we started with the HWT program that all changed. He now gets EXCITED to work on his writing! We borrowed some materials from our local public school but you can also purchase materials on their website.

I also have been using these great songs and videos from
Hooked on Phonics. Isaac loves the videos that demonstrate how to write a letter and using a catchy phrase or rhyme to remember how to form it. He'll watch it half a dozen times and then practice on his chalk board using the steps he learned. They are wonderful!
No comments:
Post a Comment