We are 5 months into our foster care licensing process now. All paperwork is done. Homestudy visits are completed. However, my fingerprints were apparently not readable by the state. So I had to have them redone. I'm not sure how long it will take for them to come back again. I expect several weeks. But this is the last piece we are waiting for before welcoming our first placement! I could feel very frustrated that it's taking longer than i had initially expected, but I have a real peace about it. I feel the Lord is giving us this extra time for our family to prepare physically, emotionally and spiritually for a new addition and the changes that inevitably come with that. It has shown itself to be a real blessing in disguise.
Thank you again, to all of you who continue to pray for us during this process. It is greatly appreciated!
4 comments:
I'm butting in again! My husband and I are thinking about fostering to adopt but I can't get DHHS to get back to me. I *think* our first step is to go to the informational meetings, but I don't know when/where they are!
I've tried calling on two occasions and emailing once and I filled out the info form the adoptuskids.org site.
What would you recommend as the next (or in reality, the first) step?
Yes, the first step is to attend the informational meeting. At the meeting you will receive your application. There were several pieces you have to turn into them... like birth certificates and income information, etc... But it wasn't difficult. Once your application is in, they will contact you about an upcoming training class. They told us they try to have a family licensed within about 4 months, but because of the hold up with my finger prints, we're about 6 months in now....
I don't know how to find out where/when the meeting(s) are!
I would try calling DHHS again. I'm not sure why you had trouble getting through to someone but I'm pretty sure it was the receptionist at our local office that gave me the info on the meeting and signed me up and everything. ????
Post a Comment